Friday, September 7, 2012

Repeatng Life Lessons Part (Hmmm, Lost Count)

On my way home tonight, driving into the setting sun, I was listening to Queen, "Who Wants to Live Forever."  It's really a wonderful song.  If you've ever seen the Highlander Movies, you'll recognize the song.  Any way, the song has always held special meaning for me.  Our souls never die, I believe.  Our consciousness goes on.  I don't have to "believe" that consciousness goes on because I know.  So, in a moment, I was feeling very ancient and this song just echoed my sentiment - "Who wants to live forever...Who wants to live forever..."  I feel like I have lived forever and certain lessons of late, while liberating me, have seemed to age me at the same time.  How many times, I wonder, do we have to experience the same things in order to finally grasp all facets of important lessons?  Quite a few times I think - well, if you're not a quick study in all things emotional.  It's funny to me.  This morning I woke up with the words of a dream still on my lips and those words were in conversation with a dear soul to me.  I was asking him, "How is it that we see full well what we're doing and consciously and even logically we feel the familiar pull of "knowing better" and yet emotion takes over and we lose what we've learned in a heart beat.  Why are we continually forgetting?  What is it about emotion that draws us here incarnate to forget everything?"

Sadly, I woke up before I could hear his reply and that, I think is really unfortunate because I will have to wait a long time before I can sit through a conversation with him I feel.  Perhaps he'll come visit me again sometime soon and we can finish that conversation from within my dream.  In fact, a funnier thought was that last night just before bed for the second night in a row, I heard his words - "I'm still here, I see you, I feel you, I'm proud of you and I love you."  My thoughts were, "Yeah right, I'm imagining things again just because I miss you."  Right after that thought he whispered, "You'll know I was here when you remember your dream in the morning."  And two mornings in a row, I remembered my dreams which I almost never do unless they are warning me of something.  The past two nights were simple dreams but I remembered them.  I wonder.

There are some connections in life that serve more purpose than a soul can truly realize.  The tough and challenging connections you encounter are just as important as those that call forth love from deep within you.  Every single person who crosses your path has something to teach you and something to learn from you.  If the same student and teacher continually seems to turn to you behind different faces and places, realize the lesson comes again.  Realize also that it isn't that you failed in your previous efforts to learn a life lesson, it's just that there was yet another facet that you needed to learn and teach at the same time.  You will get it eventually.  I thought I was going to be held back in a certain grade for my seeming lack of ability to learn a repeat lesson.  This one repeated for at least 10 years that I'm consciously aware of.  But, I really think that I've got it this time.  Taking personal accountability for my own creation and finding a certain key that unlocked a certain cage of guilt I'd held myself in for more years than I'd like to admit, I am proof positive that you can learn, graduate and move on from that class.  Now, in my own mind and intent toward creating a richer, kinder and more loving set of lessons for myself, I think I'm finally free to manifest beyond just setting my intent.  It took a long time to get here.  If you're curious about the lesson, I wrote a little bit about it in yesterday's post.  It wasn't eloquently written in my excitement but it'll have to do for now.  My writing isn't quite up to snuff.  Big life lessons can be distracting and writing is hard for me just now.  But I continue because I love to write and as I write, the thoughts spinning round in my head crystalize into more concrete concepts for me.  Any way - I'm rambling so will sign off for now.  In parting, cut yourself some slack for those repeat lessons, would ya? Your thoughts about you contribute a great deal to your success in managing all of your life lessons.  Be blessed!

(c) 2012 Jaie Hart (photo, random internet find)

No comments:

Post a Comment