Thursday, September 20, 2012

Fallish Contemplations



The Fall equinox approaches finally.  Just a day and about a half and it will be here.  The Fall does to me what the Spring does to most everyone else.  I love those precious moments of watching the leaves change color and fall from the trees.  It always reminds me of the fact that we are all in a continual state of changing, letting go of what was and embracing the season and easing into those cool and then chilly winter months.  I love, love, love this time of year.  Out here in California we don't get all of that cold weather but I'll tell you, that first night I catch the scent of wood smoke, I will be in pure bliss! 

I love the change in seasons and have been looking forward to this Fall actually since the last day of Winter.  I'm not really sure why.  It just is what it is so I intend to fully enjoy yet another Fall.  Forty-six of them now under my belt and each one the same thing - pure joy of existence, rich colors, anticipation of good tidings the seasons will bring as we slowly approach another year come to a close on planet Earth.  I don't know about you, but I look forward to New Years and don't buy into the whole "The end is Near" stuff that has been cramming in the internet forever.  I'll be grateful when 12/21 passes and we can all get back to business without the incessant chatter of the doomsdayers.  Having said that, I do want to acknowledge and appreciate that they are doing what they believe in their hearts to be good and right and well, I can respect that.  I just don't buy it.  Life is tenuous enough here on Earth without worrying about the end of the world, again for the how-many-eth time? 

Life is just beautiful and I've been so glad to have had the life I have had.  If it ended tomorrow, I'd be truly happy because I lived, I loved and I found so much beauty in existence.  So, in that regard, I live every day like tomorrow may never come.  I deeply appreciate every soul I run across, every lesson learned - even those that broke my heart.  They are all perfect...every day is as perfect as it can possibly be.

Blessings for your journey dearest souls.  Sending positive thoughts that this Fall you might take a moment to let drop away from you those things that no longer serve you, those things that no longer bring you joy and all of those things that inhibit your growth here in this frame.  Change is good - embrace the beauty of it.  If you can't see it now, don't worry, you soon will.  :)

(c) 2012 Jaie Hart (photo and words)

No comments:

Post a Comment