Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Indigo Sky


Breathe deep
The indigo sky
A blanket of stars
Above the Earth
And me, here
A tiny speck of nothingness
Standing here embracing
The infinite
Wandering gentle
Mental meanderings
Finding purchase
Here and there
A soul adrift
In a sea of life
The love and essence
Of a sparkling dream
That grows deep within
The soul of me
I can no longer
Carry it within
I release it to the stars
With the deepest
Of heart-felt prayer
Trusting the All of Everything
To hold for me
What I cannot keep
Breathe again
As I'm standing here
A cool ocean breeze
Touches my skin
And I close my eyes
And I feel those stars
Pulsing in resonant time
With the beating of my heart
Pleasing scent of rain comes in
Wrestling away the bareness
Opening my soul
To blessed peace
Once again underneath
An indigo sky

(c) 2012 Jaie Hart (photo, random internet find)

No comments:

Post a Comment