Saturday, December 19, 2015

Soar My Angel


I remember the day, so many years ago, a tiny beautiful child with bright blue green eyes and an angelic smile that always lit up an entire room.  She was my whole world at the time.  Everything she did was my precious moment of joy.  She looked at me with a beautiful smile that one day so very long ago and she said, “Mommy, you know what?  I’m going to stay with you forever and ever,” as she threw her arms around me and hugged me so tightly and said “I love you so much.  Even when I get married I won’t leave you, I’ll just stay right here with you.”  Inside I laughed at the sentiment and I felt the heart tug and the tears came to my eyes.  How blessed am I to have a daughter, I thought.  My beautiful, sweet daughter.

Time went by so fast from that moment.  I swear I only blinked and 22 years passed us by.  I had more little birdies join the nest and was so grateful to receive a son and two more daughters.  The nest was full of love no matter what we went through and we went through a lot.  One birdie flew the nest very early, my son.  He moved in with his dad across country because he missed him.  I expected my oldest daughter would be the first to go but she didn’t.  She stayed and I loved her and watched her grow then from a teen to a young adult and then to a full-fledged adult woman of strength and character.

She worked, had her hobbies, her friends and her love of cup cakes grew into a very creative talent for making them and we all delighted in her experiments.  Today I write with a sad and glad heart for it is today that another birdie will spread her newly found wings and fly off into the big wild world.  I’m so proud of her.  I’m so proud of the woman that she has become.  I’m so grateful to have her in my life.  I don’t know if she knows how much she has and will always mean to me, so I’m writing this blog post and dedicating it to her.  She’ll always be my little birdie but when I look at her now, so beautiful, so strong, so resourceful, wow – just wow am I so proud of her.

My wish for her flight is that she explore everything in her world, that she never ever be afraid, that she face everything with courage and that she tests her wings to the fullest extent possible and soar and I mean really soar.  She has it in her to fly to such great heights.  I want her to know love in all of its facets; I want her to understand the world as much as she can so she isn’t surprised by its twists and turns, even the uncomfortable and painful ones.  I want her to know she can rely on the core of her being first and foremost to pull her through and to all she must face in her life.  I want her to enjoy her life and know above all else that she is so very loved.  I will always be there for her.

Safe flight my sweet angel girl, now woman, as you make your way into the big wild and wonderful world.  I know that you will do great things always.  I love you.

Photo:  Unknown random but fortunate internet find

No comments:

Post a Comment