Wednesday, November 18, 2015

This Moment




The warm sun teases the scent
Of Alyssum flowers into the air 
It’s warm for November
But the skies are still that deep color
Of cerulean blue
Seen at no other time of year
The breeze is comfortable
The traffic is loud and heavy
My thoughts drift
To the Meadow
I fondly recall
From another time
Barefoot walking, laughing and sunning
Toes dipped in ocean waves so cool 
The memory fills my heart and soul
Reality comes back with the fleeting sound
Of humming bird wings
And i smile all the more
As I bear witness
To a little yellow butterfly
Dancing upon the shimmering blades
Of the last traces green grasses
This is how I see life today
Through my heart first
Would that I could
Hold onto this feeling every day
Just like that sacred place
In my heart does
It’s truly beautiful there
I think I shall endeavor
To intentionally remember
This moment
Of my many moments,
Always

© 2015 Jaie Hart (photo/words)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment