Thursday, April 5, 2012

Still Shining
















Emotions create an increase in gravity
I feel it intensify with every step that I take
And breathing is no different than walking this day
And yet I somehow find the strength to move
There are times that darkness descends upon a soul
And its up to the soul to find a way through it
Trusting no hand this time but Source
Trusting no love nor light but my own
I will find my way through this shadowy dream
Gravity may compress my existence just now
And as hard as it is to exist in this moment
I will keep my focus on my path
I will somehow find the higher ground I seek
I remain ever open to love and understanding
And I will go where I must to see this through
But I will not sacrifice myself to this darkness
Not even to myself nor my own internal fears
I will not clip my wings nor shut off my own light
Whatever this is my heart must endure it
Treasures may come yet once full comprehension dawns
Until then I strive to suspend internal judgment
And focus on finding some oxygen for breath
And focus on finding some strength for each step
And focus my soul on the light there still shining

(c) 2012 Jaie Hart (photo, random internet find)

No comments:

Post a Comment