Friday, September 19, 2008

Call of the Pacific


It's Friday and I took the day off of work. I felt the call of the ocean and heeded it willingly. It's an interesting time in my life with so much going on seemingly on every front. I just needed some time on the sand to hear the roar of the tides and the hiss of the foam as it recedes back into the Pacific. The seasons are changing as am I. However, I find the changes without more of a comfort and familiar than the changes within.

I thought I knew all there was to know about me but the moment I get a bead on it, what ever "it" is, it moves, I change and begin to face things unfamiliar. I grow weary of the trappings of my wounded ego. I'm ready now to forgive and let go. I'm not sure of the purpose of anything right now but I know that change is ever on the wind and rather than resist it, my only plan at present is to embrace it, breathe it in and respond and flow as if directed by some universal will. What else is there for me to do? How else can I open myself up to what it is I truly want and need most of all? I want a love from without that matches the love from within...the kind of love that inspires me and stretches my strength, understanding and my whole being so that I may truly grow and become more than I ever dreamed I could be.

Such heavy thoughts this morning as I sit here on a rock with my toes in the sand. I watch the sunlight dance across the water...become mesmerized by the movement of the ocean, the surging water and rolling ever powerful tides. The gulls in flight, the cars on the highway behind me, the salty air filling my lungs. I am so happy right here in this moment in my favorite place on the face of the Earth. It's just me here with no worries, no places to go, no place to be with no titles ascribed to me by society, no masks...just a lone stranger sitting in the sand, journal on my lap and heavy silver pen in hand. I feel as if I'm about to burst with joy. I feel overflowing with love and sheer delight to be here, free from the trappings, leashes and constraints of my life. I don't ever want to leave this place, this moment and I can't help but wonder, for just a tiny moment, how it might be to just become a statue right here for eternity.

Low tide has returned now, the ocean quiets and my soul does too. The frenetic thoughts taken out by the sea. I'm ready now to return although with a small bit of trepidation. My world beckons me and I know I must return. I do go eagerly in love and with a new found sense of peace and serenity. I have a good day ahead of me and in those moments where I may struggle today, I merely need to recall this moment, the morning I skipped out on my responsibilities and came to my favorite place on Earth and noticed those things I truly hold in awe and beauty...this place that soothes my soul like nothing else. In recall I can refill my soul at any time I choose and I again will be happy.

May peace and serenity calm the chaotic and frenetic thoughts for you all today...when the moments of anxiety creep in, imagine the beauty of your last visit to a large body of water... be it an ocean, a lake, a stream...remember the dance of the light on the water and with the movement of life on the water imagine anxious thoughts carried away to be replaced by joy, light and love. May the scenery heal you and make you whole.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment