Friday, August 31, 2012

Shine On



And the moon did shine
It's company a great comfort
It was there the day I arrived on this Earth
And I'm grateful for it's return 46 years to the day
It's been a long haul, this last year it seems
So many big lessons in life
So much joy and also, there was pain
Emotions do not define the whole of me though
and my emotions that rise and fall like the tides
Are as much a creation in my life as everything else
So what then will this next year hold
I don't know, I just don't know
But I'm grateful that it does not hold the past
From there I have come and gone
And now I stand here in this moment
Under the stars, gazing at my friend the moon
Oh the secrets I've told the moon
A treasured friend who won't ever tell them
It'll just shine back at me and remind me to do the same
Shine on...yeah...~sigh~

(c) 2012 Jaie Hart (photo/words)

No comments:

Post a Comment