Sunday, September 25, 2011

Dream Within A Dream

How little we understand the concept of dreams.  I don't know that I can elucidate for you the full meaning, but I have things for you to ponder.  ACIM (A Course In Miracles) teaches that we are, as we live and breathe in this dimension, dreaming the dreams we choose.  This is the assumption I am working under with this article so bare with me.  My premise is not proven and I don't know that any science exists that could bare this out as a definitive truth over a provisional one.  I'm going to deviate from my premise for a moment.  I'm going to go to the topic of dreams as they are commonly known.  Have you ever dreamed at night and suddenly realized within the dream that you were dreaming?  I know sometimes at that point you might just wake up.  But, if you have ever experimented with lucid dreaming then you know that at the point you are dreaming and become aware that you are dreaming, you have just been handed immense power to create within the dream.  The monster coming at you to shred you to bits can be reduced to the size of a stuffed animal or pet you sit down and converse with or you can fly and explore the entire world, this Universe, our Galaxy and beyond.  This part I know is true because I have experimented myself with lucid dreaming.

Now, lets go back to the premise or assumption that I'm leaning towards as a result of my work with ACIM.  Within our lives here in this dimension we commonly know as life on Earth, we are dreaming.  We are collectively dreaming here because we commonly agreed to create this realm in this dimension of existence.  Just like the dream within a dream, when we become fully aware here in this frame that we are dreaming, we realize our infinite power to create.  We begin to stop moving with fearful thoughts that create monsters for us to battle unconsciously and we begin to understand their presence in our lives.  After all, we know we are creating.  When we put focused attention in this dream on creating scenes or people, what happens?  They arrive.  I have seen this and maybe it is a matter of perspective or provisional truth for you but it is a definitive truth for me.  I am suddenly and acutely aware that in this life, in this dimension, and with this frame of reference, I am dreaming and I am infinitely powerful to create whatever I so choose.  With that choice comes a huge responsibility and I cannot force my free will on another without consequences to my soul or spirit so I put out a certain vibration that calls to others and they make their way to me because they have similar focus and intent and then they enter my conscious sphere of existence and dream with me.

When we are dreaming within the dream, when something terrible happens or too strong of an emotion over-takes us, we wake up.  It is the same in this dream.  When "death" occurs in this dream, we wake up to the place we are dreaming from.  The interesting part is that I do not know how far the dreams go.  We wake up from a dream in this life and discover we are safe in our beds dreaming.  So, when we wake up from this dream of life, we will wake up safe somewhere else.  And then what?  I don't know.  I have only bits and pieces and traces of memory to go on which will be confirmed later because I wish to create that.  For a few moments, these thoughts dissolved my concepts of reality.  But I looked around instead and thought, "WOW, what an amazing job of co-creation I see."

I cannot explain the reason for my thoughts and questioning and if I could, I'm not sure that I would entirely because it might take away the fun of individuals expressing here in this life.  It makes sense that we come here not knowing that we are dreaming.  If we were awake in every dream, what would be the point of dreaming?  How could you truly enjoy, with absolute freedom, whatever it is the mind wishes to enjoy?  This doesn't get to the meaning of life but rather understanding the framework within which we live.  My purpose in writing this at all is that intense emotion, particularly pain, interferes with our ability to create in this dream.  When that pain interferes with our dreaming, we become sidetracked and lose our ability to consciously create and enjoy our creations.  Finding ways to create healing is not only possible but required for the completion of our ultimate goal of dreaming in the first place.   Our minds are infinitely powerful and need continual expression and exploration.  Pain stops that from happening.  Love keeps it going and helps you achieve higher and higher learning.  So, when the dream becomes painful, understand that you are the one dreaming and you can bless this dream (your life) with your love and positive intent to continue your growth or you can stop yourself cold by holding on to pain.  We are infinitely powerful creators and the sooner we learn this and truly allow it to resonate within our thoughts, we'll be creating nothing but battles and monsters for ourselves and the collective to contend with. 

The masters knew these things and more and so they ascended in complete confidence and full consciousness...they awakened from THIS dream.  Ascending masters create an amazing wave of positive energy for us to use here for our own awakening and the more we become lucid and aware, the more we raise our own vibration and create the space optimal for others to begin to awaken within this dream.

So, dear souls, pay attention to the dreams you dream within the big dream.  It matters what you do, how you think and that you hold love above all other emotion as the most powerful tool in the universe.  Your awakening matters not just to you but to the collective of co-creators here with you who came to learn and explore.  Time for more coffee!  ~Blessings, love and light dear souls!

This post dedicated to James S (Zenbear) and James R.(soul family).  Thank you for your patience while I begin to awaken.  I love you!

(photo/random internet find)

No comments:

Post a Comment