Sunday, June 20, 2010

Daddy - Father's Day Tribute

The world exists under gray skies today
And that somehow seems appropriate.
Today I miss you like the world misses the sun.

I still pick up the phone to call you,
To share an epiphany or something mundane
But in a moment, I painfully realize you're gone.

With you life was so stormy
But we always shared a love for a good storm.
I remember how much you loved the intensity of lightening
and smiled as the thunder rolled.

In the beginning, you took my hand.
You always could calm the frightened child in me.
In the end I was at your side...feeling helpless,
Praying I could be that strong for you.

Like the sun in the summer you brightened my day
And like the night your depths were endless.
I miss the talks we had about life and beyond.

I wish I could see you one more time.
The pain in my heart just doesn't seem to end.
If I could have had just one more day,
I would have told you your life wasn't as pointless as you thought...
Your life touched so many others...and touched mine the deepest.
I love you more than anything still.

===================

This one is a tribute to my dad.  I miss him.  I love him.  Happy Father's day Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment