Friday, June 5, 2009

Connected Moment


Bamboo stalks creaking in a warm gentle breeze…
So much for clouds and rain, today we enjoy the sun.
The rays radiate everywhere filling everyone and everything with a smile.
Even the song of the birds sounds happier than normal.

I sit alone on a man-made structure.
Despite the natural seeming surroundings,
I’m in the heart of the concrete jungle.
I can even hear the hundreds of cars speeding down the freeway.

I hear footsteps interspersed between the sounds of the leaves,
And competitive birds search for traces of food in this different jungle.
Occasionally voices, like whispers on the wind…
Come floating gently through the air.

In this moment, in this seemingly unlikely place,
I feel so connected to everything…
The grass glowing green, etched in golden light…
Birds floating on a warm air current…

People miling about…
Heavy metal and glass surrounded…
Airplanes coming in from a distance…
People departing, moving and laughing.

Then the breeze comes again, I breathe it in…
So content to be here in this moment…
My thoughts nowhere else but here…
The energy surging and yet tranquilly swirling.

It’s time to return to my work-a-day reality.
I go begrudgingly maybe a little,
But the rest of the day will be accented immensely,
By this peacefully aware and connected moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment